The University of Mount Olive is one of the most affordable private colleges in North Carolina.
Annual Tuition & Fees
- Commuter: $19,000 per year
- Resident: $26,600 per year (includes tuition, room, and board)
*This does not include the sales tax for meal plans.
- Commuter: $50
- Resident: $100
Deposit is nonrefundable.
To pay online you can access our secure payment site though MYUMO. Payments can be made by VISA, MasterCard, DISCOVER, and American Express credit/debit cards for a small convenience fee, or by ACH Draft at no additional cost.
Pay in Person
The University of Mount Olive accepts cash, check, money order, and credit/debit cards in the form of VISA, MasterCard, DISCOVER, and American Express at the Business Office window.
Pay by Mail
To pay by mail you may send payment in the form of check or money order to:
University of Mount Olive
Attn: Business Office
634 Henderson ST
Mount Olive, NC 28365
When using this form of payment please include the student’s name and ID# on the memo part of the check or money order.
Paying for Tuition, Room & Board
Commuter students interested in a meal plan may opt for a $550 plus tax, 5 meal plan. This includes 5 meals per week for the length of the semester.
Residential Apartment Students
- Residential apartment students staying in Herring, Whitfield, or the College Apartments are required to have the 10 meal plan which is included in the cost but may opt for a 20 meal plan which includes 20 meals per week and $100 worth of Green Bucks for the length of the semester for an additional $575 plus tax each semester.
- Residential apartment students staying in the Byrd Apartments are required to have a 5 meal plan which is included in the cost but may opt for a 10 meal plan which includes 10 meals per week and $50 worth of Green Bucks for the length of the semester for an additional $475 plus tax each semester or a 20 meal plan for an additional $1050 plus tax each semester.
Residential Dorm Students
- Residential dorm students staying in Grantham, King, Hart, or Griffin Halls are required to have a 20 meal plan which includes 20 meals per week and $100 worth of Green Bucks for the length of the semester. The cost of this plan is already covered in the residential cost.
- Prices noted include student activity fee, Pope Wellness Center fee, and technology fee.
- Parking on campus is free to all students.
Students taking less than 12 hours in a given semester are classified as "part-time." Part-time students will be billed at the rate of $425 per credit hour.
If you are interested in setting up a monthly payment plan to make the cost of attendance more affordable, please enroll in the automatic tuition payment plan. To enroll, please visit here.
The University of Mount Olive is a private institution rooted in the liberal arts tradition with defining Christian values. The University, sponsored by the Convention of Original Free Will Baptists, has locations in Mount Olive, New Bern, Wilmington, Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, Research Triangle Park, Washington, Jacksonville, and in Smithfield at Johnston Community College.